Saturday, December 22, 2012

Introduction

Hello,

     I am Wendy Carpenter, a long-time artist and owner of Interfibers Studio Gallery in Fish Creek, Wisconsin.  My designs consist of large woven fiber wall sculptures.  My work expresses a connection with nature through form, color, and tactile material.  My timeless jewelry is custom-cut from Door County geodes, found in my backyard; along with an extensive display of jade jewelry in a wide variety of colors.

     I am creating this blog to document my progress in Guatemala, developing a community sewing workshop for local Mayan women. I am leaving Christmas Day for three months and will be updating my blog with my adventures in Guatemala, helping create a source of revenue and empowerment for local women.  Join me on this journey!

The Maya Woman (four from a nine-part series)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment