Sunday, December 23, 2012


Hello,


I would like to give you an over-all view of my project in Guatemala before I start working.  This is my fifth year returning to Guatemala and in the past I have worked with the local women, but through a middle-man. The man in the middle was under paying the women and over charging me; therefore, I am going to set up my own work space and eliminate the guy in the middle!  Thanks to The Shepard of the Bay Lutheran church, for sponsoring me in this project, I am able to transport sewing machines and rent a work shop space.  

I have designed a simple wrap dress that we will be making with the ikat woven fabric so prevalent in Guatemala. I will further log-in my progress with organizing a sewing group  and setting up shop!  This year everything is new and it will take some time to research and discover the best mode to proceed.  Well, I always say that I can create something new that I've never done before; so, let's hope that my talent and luck will hold up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment